Dark red area on knuckles, not swollen or painful. No injury. What is it?
User rating for this question
Just looked at my hand and it has a dark red area on the outside two knucles. Much like a bruise but not purple. Not swollen or painful. Just wierd. I have not bumped or injured it in any way. Does not hurt. Washed hand to be sure it is not washable color.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
It indeed looks like a bruise from the description.
Can you load a photo of it here using the site's uploader? It will make it simple.
Or may I ask you to answer a few questions?
- Are you on any medications like aspirin?
- At the age of 61, a fragile skin can have subcutaneous spontaneous bleed. Do you think the skin is fragile in general?
- Are there any small bluish running veins running through the skin?
- Are there any other such areas? Please look carefully at the entire body.
- Is the area numb? Spreading or static?
- I can think of spontaneous skin bleed or rarely a tiny bite?
- Are you sure it is not any colour?
Based on the details provided it is not worrisome yet. Keep a close watch. If changing characteristics, please revert with more information.
I await you response/follow up queries to comment on this further.
I would also request you to rate this answer and write a review before you close this query, if you have no follow up questions, or after they are answered.
People also viewed
- The base of my tounge hurts
- Red dots dry toes
- What is the remedy for swollen knuckles after an injury
- Foot fungus dry skin red dots
- One swollen knuckle injury
- Face dry patches with red dots
- Base of head hurts when laughing
- Dry red dots on thighs
- Swollen knuckle after injury
- Weight based sliding scale insulin
- Red little dots on face
- Swollen knuckle with no pain no injury what is it
- Penis skin at base of head peeling
- Knuckle injury red swollen tiny bumps
- Hives base of spine