Dark greenish stool. Have a history of recent abortion. Could infection be a possible reason?

General Surgeon
I had an abortion 20 days ago - and i have had dark greenish stools.WHAT Does this mean i have an infection?
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 18 minutes later

Thanks for nice query

Commonly post abortion no change take place in the stool colour, consistency, sometimes antibiotics given after abortion may cause some changes.

In my opinion normal stool colour will restore within few days and there is no cause of worry.

If any other sign & symptoms like fever, increase in heart or pulse rates, pain abdomen appear only than it indicates some kind of infection.

So if you notice any other sign & symptoms, then you must visit your doctor.
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.

Dr .Bajoria