Ask a Urologist   »  

Dark frothy urine with floaters after being diagnosed with Scarlet fever

A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with Scarlet Fever, since then, I have had urine that is darker in color than normal and now i have noticed it tend to be frothy and have floaters in it. I don't have any back pain or unusual urges to go more than normal...
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 56 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

As per your urine characteristics, I suggest you get a urine examination. Dark color most likely could be due to blood/ pigments unless proved otherwise. Frothy urine indicates that the surface tension is reduced due to presence of excess protein as the liver ideally has to breakdown them in your body, which is not the case in here.

The causes are debatable and would be appropriate to correlate with other clinical findings. However, I find in your case to mention about Meloxicam, which has a tendency to cause GIT bleed and thereby dark stools sometimes. So, this aspect too adds to the list of probable causes. Another is Streptococcus B itself that can produce doctor.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.