Dark, dry spots appeared on legs. How to remove this?

Feb 2013

Hello i have these dark dry spots on my legs theyre really starting to scare me i dont have health insurance thats why i havent gotten it looked at please help
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
It may be because of dry skin. Apply moisturizer like Vaseline. Wish I could see the picture of the dry spots.
Follow-up: Dark, dry spots appeared on legs. How to remove this? 9 hours later
These dark dry spots are growing all over my legs theres none as big as this one but the others are growing none of them grow over my knees though its all on my legs!
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 45 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before giving you advise I need some more information about the dark dry spots.

Are they itchy?

Are they painful?

When did they start and what was their duaration?

Do you have any allergy?

Are you using any medication currently?

I need this infrmation to advise you in a better way.

Awaiting for your information regarding the skin spots.

Follow-up: Dark, dry spots appeared on legs. How to remove this? 1 hour later
They are sometimes itchy not usually, it didnt hurt at all but now the big one when you press on it i do feel a little pressure. Theyve been on for about 2 or 3 months im not using any type of medication and im pretty sure i dont have any allergies. Somehing similar occured on my face about 4 years ago but they werent itchy or dry at all they were just dark spots. Theyres little tiny spots starting to emerge all over my legs and currently when i wear shoes with socks. My socks get really wet and in the ankle area where the sock starts is where im seeing these spots. I dont have health insurance im 19 years old and i dont know what to do
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 13 hours later

Thank you for your getting back.

With your description and the photographs you sent, these lesions are looking like papular skin lesions with mild scaling and itching of the lesions.

As the lesions are present since 2 to 3 months, and are present on legs, are looking like chronic skin conditions like contact dermatitis due to irritation by the socks material, eczema, or hypersensitivity lesions like erythema nodosum.

I advise you to avoid wearing socks for few weeks till they subside and allow aeration to the legs and to prevent sweating.

Some times, variations of psoriasis and lichen planus may present with similar skin lesions.

But physical examination is important by a Dermatologist to diagnose the exact skin problems as the treatment depends on the diagnosis.

These lesions may require mild steroid cream applications which are prescribed drugs.

So I advise you to consult the Dermatologist for the examination of lesions and their treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Follow-up: Dark, dry spots appeared on legs. How to remove this? 4 hours later
Thank you very much everything you just described looks very similar to my problem!! Will definitely follow up with a dermatologist
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 33 minutes later
Thank you for your kind appreciation.
And I wish you get rid of the skin problem.
All the best and wish you good health.