Dark complexion, olive complexion, multivitamins. Whiten body?

Hi, how I can whiten my whole body? I am white middle eastern, however as I aged , my complexion is becoming dark. I 'd like to whiten my skin ( the whole body) to absolute white.
I am 46 years old , and perfectly healthy. My natural skin complexion is olive now. I am taking multi-vitamins and have a healthy diet.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 4 hours later

As your initial skin color was fair, you can definitely return back to your initial color.

The probable reason for your increasing skin complexion are:
1. Excessive exposure to sunlight.
2. Medications and diet.
3. Underlying medical illness

So before you start on any treatment, you will have to get an general medical check-up which includes hormonal studies as well. Because hormones play an important role in skin pigmentation.

If some skin problem has been identified you may have to consult a cosmetic dermatologist. Skin biopsy may also be required .

Based on the study and the cause made out , specific treatment can be initiated where the results will be good.

Until then you can follow this advise:
1. Wear light color cotton full sleeves shirt.
2. Avoid unnecessary exposure to sun.
3. Use sunscreen where exposure to sun is inevitable.
4. Avoid fatty any oily foods.
5. Take fresh fruits which are XXXXXXX in free radicals.
6. Drink plenty of water to keep your hydrated.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Dark complexion, olive complexion, multivitamins. Whiten body? 4 hours later
I do not have exposure to sun . I eat fruits XXXXXXX in free radicals a lot and drink water a lot. I have a healthy diet without oily fatty food. I wear sunscreen as well. Therefore, if the reason is hormonal, what should I do ? Is there any lotion to bleach my skin?
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 15 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

In order to confirm that your increased skin complexion is due to hormones we need get few investigations done. Routine blood tests, few special tests like Thyroid profile, Melanocyte-stimulating hormone, ACTH levels and other hormones as well.

Once the cause is identified, the treatment lies in treating the underling cause.

Yes, there are lotion available to bleach the skin. But these procedures to carried only under the supervision of a cosmetic dermatologist, as over dosing these bleach can cause cancerous changes in the skin.

So I suggest you to consult a cosmetic dermatologist before you start on any procedure for your condition.

It has been a pleasure providing you with an answer which I hope has been adequate and informative.