Dark complexion, dark circles under eye. Microdermabrasion?

hello sir,
I am 28 yr old girl. my face skin is dull and uneven dark complexion too. I have undereye dark circles also. can you please prescribe me something best to improve my skin's health? did I need to go anything like microdermabrasion or anything else.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 12 hours later

We have received your query at Healthcare Magic.

Dr. P V S XXXXXXX is going through your query.
You can view is profile here ""

He will be answering your query shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Dr. PVS XXXXXXX has answered your query.

Kindly find his answer to your query below.

Dr.Tulasi Raman.P

I have the following suggestions

1. Avoid sun light
2. Use broad spectrum sun screens
3. Use creams containing kojic acid at night or retinoic acid creams if u can tolerate
4. Go for regular chemical peels there are many combination peels available with lactic acid which improves the complexion.
5. Micro dermabrasion is more useful for acne scars and to have a fresh look

Follow-up: Dark complexion, dark circles under eye. Microdermabrasion? 8 hours later
Hello sir,

Thanks for the reply. can you please suggest anything for undereye dark circles?

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 8 hours later

Dr. P.V.S XXXXXXX has answered your follow up query. Please read it below.

Thanks for writing back.

I would suggest you follow the same measures for dark circles as well, which I have mentioned in my previous reply. Apart from Kojic acid creams and sun screens, you can follow these measures:

1.Try a good moisturizer with Vit E and aleovera enriched. Brands like Neutrogena, Himalayas, Aveeno have wide range of moisturizers for suitable skin types.
2.In your leisure time you could dab cotton pads in cold water and place them on your closed eyes for 10 mins or more and relax. This would be helpful.
3.Follow eye exercises regularly. They are rotation of the eye ball keeping your eyes closed with the help of your palm, you can do it for every half an hour for 5 mins.
4.Drink lot of fluids and water to keep your skin and eyes hydrated.
5.Consume a diet XXXXXXX in XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, fruits as they are XXXXXXX in antioxidants and help in a glowing skin.

Hope this answers your query.