Dark circles, pigmentation on forehead and neck. How do I remove them?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have got lot of XXXXXXX on my forehead , back of the neck due to traveling in sun and dust , and dark circles under my eye which is there from last 5 years , i got this when i skipped break fast in my college for more than a year , how to remove the XXXXXXX and dark circles
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 10 hours later
The XXXXXXX and dark circles are indicators of oxidative stress on your skin as a result of sun exposure, poor nutrition, skin care and stress.
The most common cause of excessive pigmentation is an increased stimulation in the production of melanin due to certain hormonal changes, sun exposure, or a combination of both. This condition, called melasma, appears as a dark, splotchy, brownish pigmentation on the face that develops slowly and fades with time. It usually affects women but occasionally is seen in young men who use aftershave lotions, scented soaps, and other toiletries.
Sun exposure, following the use of deodorant soaps, scented toiletries, and various cosmetics, can also produce this mottled pigmentation. This is what we call a phototoxic reaction; it is due to ultraviolet radiation being absorbed by the chemical substance (perfume, cologne, and other types of fragrance) on the skin. This pigmentation often extends down to the sun-exposed areas of the neck and may be more pronounced on the forehead, and neck .
Excess pigmentation can also be triggered by injury to the skin , by inflammatory disorders of the
skin particularly in dark-skinned people (acne, eczema, contact dermatitis, pityriasis rosea, lichen
Ideally you should consult a dermatologist who will first assess your skin type , sensitivities, and diagnosis.After that he may advise certain preventive measures to decrease or fade the pigmentation and prevent further damage, like
1.To protect those pigmented areas from sunlight by using a “high-powered” sunscreen.
2.Protect the areas from irritation: no strong soaps, no abrasive cleansers, no loofah pads.
Use only a mild, gentle soap for washing.

3.To try bleaching creams with a higher percent of hydroquinone which are by prescription only.
4.A good home remedy that often works is fresh lemon juice. Cut a fresh lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small dish. With a Q-Tip or cotton ball, gently rub the patches twice daily. Use it for at least six weeks before you may see a lightening.

If none of these treatments work, your dermatologist can try a variety of methods to eliminate these pigmented areas:
Freezing them off gently with liquid nitrogen
Applying either phenol or trichloroacetic acid
Prescribing topical retinoic acid (Retin-A) along with a strong hydroquinone
Chemical peels etc.
So first of all you should try home remedies and avoid stress and adopt a healthy lifestyle .if problem persists for more than a month and half do visit your dermatologist.