Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be taken?

Hi I am XXXXXXX,my height is 5 feet 5 Inch,Age 23 & Weight 61 Kgs.I am having dark cicles below my eyes from last 4 years.In my family no one i having this problem. I take seven hours sleep a day.
Please suggest ,what measures I need to take to completely finish my dark circles.Thank You
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for posting this query.

Normally reasons for having dark circles below eyes are many and that's why multimodal approach becomes necessary for the treatment as no single factor is responsible for it.

Causes are stress, lack of sleep, thin skin below eyes, lack of water, chronic illness, smoking, alcohol and the list goes on.

General treatment consists of Iron and B complex vitamins, proper sleep for 7 to 8 hrs, plenty of water intakes, fresh fruits and plenty of XXXXXXX vegetables and salads, using sunscreens, meditation and yoga.

Specific treatment consists of use of Hydroxyquinone cream, vitamin C cream, kojic acid cream.

If these methods don't work then getting the chemical peeling or laser treatment may work.

In some cases injections can be given below the eyes.

Ideally you should visit a dermatologist where all the latest treatments are available and the treatment modality can be discussed.

Last I would like to mention that in spite of all the latest and modern treatments 100% results are difficult to get, but even if you are more than 50% cured, you should feel happy and don't get disappointed.

I have tried to tell the true picture.

Any further query is welcome and you are free to ask anything.

Thanks and wish you best of health and luck.