Dark brownish discharge with pain in abdomen, 7 weeks pregnant. Is it normal ?

Question
hello, my wife 7 weeks pregnant and there is a dark brownish discharge and today my wife having pain in her abdominal.however she is normal in her daily activities.is she normal or not? she was using folic acid and dubagest 100mg tablets as prescribed by doctor and ultra sonography done and found that she is pregnant last week and now it is her 7 weeks.
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

Brownish discharge is sometimes seen in early pregnancy. It is normal. But one has to be careful in view of abortion.

I suggest her to continue folic acid and dubagest. Ask your wife to avoid lifting heavy weight, travelling on bumpy roads, etc. And avoid intercourse. Get her repeat ultrasound scan done for baby's well being and to rule out abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Dark brownish discharge with pain in abdomen, 7 weeks pregnant. Is it normal ? 2 hours later
no follow-up question but i forget to add that my wife is having this dark brownish discharge for last 13 days.now my question is whether she is having problem now or not?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 5 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
She may be having a problem so ultrasound for baby's well being is a must. She needs to see a gynecologist in person.

Best wishes

sorry but once again i have to come to get one more answer. she is getting that discharge only in the morning which she says to me now,and all through the day no such discharge.and the main problem is that she is not at present staying with me,she is at her home.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 9 hours later

Thanks again,

I understand your concern. I would still suggest you to get her examined by a gynecologist. Ultrasound examination is entailed; if the scans are normal, then nothing to worry.

Till then continue same treatment.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Best wishes