Dark bags under the eyes, red eye in the mornings, grey spots in the eye. Not able to gain weight. Advice?

Developing dark bags under eyes also waking up with red eyes and when I lift my eyelids there are grey spots in the whites of my eyes. Not able to put on weight also
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later

From the description that you have given, it looks like you are suffering from conjunctivitis. This is an inflammation of the palpebral conjunctiva, most commonly resulting from infection.
Treatment of this condition involves antibiotic eye drops and ointment. However, these are prescription drugs and you would need to see your treating ophthalmologist for the same.

Till then, I would suggest the following:

1.     Hot compresses would help relieve your symptoms. For this, you need to take a slightly warm cloth ( feel it on your hand before you apply it on your eyes) and apply it on your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
2.     Keep your hands scrupulously clean and do not touch your eyes repeatedly.
3.     Give ample rest to your eyes.
4.     Sleep for minimum 6 hours a day
5.     Avoid dust and direct sun exposure
6.     Do not sit for long hours in front of the PC or TV

Your second query states that you are not able to gain weight. Please let me know how tall you are and your current weight. I would also need information on your eating habits and your exercise routine.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Kindly back to me with the questions I have asked