Dark area on bridge of nose between eyes, do no wear glasses. Skin lightening creams ineffective

Infertility Specialist
Question
1/4 WIDE SIDE TO SIDE DARK AREA ON BRIDGE OF NOSE BETWEEN EYES LIKE YOU'D HAVE FROM WEARING GLASSES WHICH I DO NOT, HAVE HAD FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS, UNCHANGED AND HAVE TRIED SKIN LIGHTENER, CREAMS ETC. NOTHING HELPS. I AM A AFRICAN AMERICAN WITH EVEN TONE MED. COLOR. SKIN
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later

What you are describing is called as hyperpigmentation. Hyper-pigmentation is a condition in which areas of the skin become darker than others due to increased production of melanin by the skin cells.

In most cases the abnormal pigmentation occurs due to 2 major factors – prolonged exposure to the sun resulting in skin damage, or extreme hormonal changes in your body. In your case, your question seems to imply that you either suffer from hyperpigmentation or have a simple XXXXXXX For a XXXXXXX all you need to do is avoid exposing your skin to sunlight – avoid spending time in the sun, and when you really must be outdoors during the day, use a sunscreen lotion and also wear a hat or cap.

Treating hyperpigmentation depends on how long you’ve had this condition, and also on the causes. If you are unaware of what is causing the problem, you should consult a skin specialist, as topical treatments and home remedies will be useless as long as the underlying problem persists. Once the underlying problem has been addressed, your skin will gradually return to normal, and you can speed up this process by using some home remedies.

I hope I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer if no further queries.

With warm Reagards,

Dr. Mahesh Koregol