Dandruff, hair fall, hair problems. Solutions and suggestions?

Want solution of Dandruff and Hair fall.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query!

Dandruff can be treated using medicated shampoos containing Ketoconazole. You could use ARCOLANE Scalp Solution. You need to apply it for 20 minutes on the scalp before washing it off. Please get this prescribed from your Dermatologist.

As such hair fall is difficult to treat. As you mentioned, you suffered from malaria 6 months ago, it is possible that the hair fall might have increased due to the illness. However, a nutritious diet XXXXXXX in protein, vitamin A and zinc helps maintain healthy hair.

You could include legumes, lentils, poultry, milk, spinach, carrots, eggs, etc in your diet. Further, massaging the scalp with oil improves the circulation and helps maintain healthy hair.

Stress has been shown to increase hair fall, so minimizing stress with yoga and meditation would also help.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.