DTH injection, joint and leg pain, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Treatment ?

Please type your query here. Since this query is directed to our panel of specialists and super-specialists, please mention your problem in as much detail as possible. Do not forget to highlight your Age, Gender, Medical History and Treatment History of the problem you are facing
Present medicine SAZO-500 , hcqs,aceclo sr
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

It appears like you have not specified a complete query.
You have reported that you have been suffering in pain in different parts of the body. The medications that you are currently on, belong to the class of DMARD's. They are routinely used in treatment of Rheumatoid conditions.

Have you been seen a doctor and has your conditions been diagnosed?

Have the medications relieved you of your pain and discomfort?

You also have not reported the questions that you wish to ask us.

Please send us your complete query to me with the test reports if any to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

I will be available to answer your query.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: DTH injection, joint and leg pain, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Treatment ? 21 hours later
Dear Dr.,

Thanks for your reply. Am sending the scan copy of my "Prescription"
and "Test Report" of my present treatment. On 22.05.11 , my present
doctor push up a injection of "DTH" , which is already mention in

My problem , am facing tremendus pain in joints like finger , wrest,
foot fingure and yesterday pain was started on the backside of knee
and that why I could not fold my leg also. The duration of the pain is
24-30 hours and after taht it is normal . Again upto 7-10 days it is
normal. Then suddenly any joint area pain will be start and it's too
painful. Am suffing in this problem since last year. First it was
started at left hand near to color bonn area) in winter season.

Also note that due to this problem , am started morning walk .

So, pls. help me , its a request.

Thanks & regards,

Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later

After going through the description and the test report provided by you, I am of the opinion that the symptoms you are suffering with might be due to Rheumatoid arthritis or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus(SLE).

The pain in the joints like fingers, toes and joints, presenting on and off along with raised Rheumatoid factor most commonly points towards Rheumatoid arthritis. But has to be differentiated from SLE as both of these conditions present with similar symptoms.

Both the conditions are longterm treatment and severely painful if not rightly treated.

Raised Rheumatoid factor does not confirm Rheumatoid arthritis and is present in many other diseases like Systemic lupus erythematosus(SLE), Chronic viral infection, Bacterial Endocarditis, Dermatomyositis, Infectious Mononucleosis, Systemic Sclerosis.

It would be better to discuss about this with a Rheumatologist. He is the right specialist, who can pin point the diagnosis. They are trained to treat such disorders. I see that you are from Ludhiana. You can see Dr. XXXXXXX Aggarwal, Department of Dayanand Medical College or Rheumatology clinic in SPS Apollo, Ludhiana.

The medications you are taking at present seems to be right and has to be continued for long term with proper follow up.

Following these measures might help you:
1. Follow regular exercises like feet exercises, walking which you are following at present, Stretching exercises.
2. Hot fomentation might help during episodes of severe pain.
3. You can also see a physiotherapist for particular joint exercises.

Hope this answer is informative and helpful to you. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: DTH injection, joint and leg pain, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Treatment ? 7 hours later
Dear Dr.,

Thanks a lot . But at present am shiffted to Rudrapur (Uttaranchal). If you kindly help or pescribed any medicine i will be very helpful.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Since the definitive diagnosis is not clear and exact course of treatment cannot be commented now.
Generally the treatment for such conditions is gradual and slow. Hence you need to consider consulting a 'Rheumatologist' who will monitor you during the phase of treatment.

As you have shifted to Rudrapur, I suggest you to see a Rheumatologist in the area and get medications prescribed by him after complete examination and evaluation.

Gradually with regular medications, you will be able to have a pain free life.

Any kind of help in future, Please write to us we will surely help you.

Wish you a speedy recovery.