DNC results in negative. Feeling cramping and exhausted. On provera. What can be done?

I am 42 years old, and have seen my gynochologist already, He did an inoffice type of DNC and the results were negative, also my endochronolgist stated my numbers are great. I have had my period since XXXXXXX 13, still cramping and getting very exhausted. My doctor put me on the pill. I was taken off after 2 weeks because nothing stopped. I was then put on provera I have 1 more day of that med and nothing has slowed down or stopped. What else should I do?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 28 minutes later
Hi Tine,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your symptoms, I feel your symptoms might be due to thyroid abnormality. Good thing is your D & C is normal. As you stated your thyroid reports is normal, your condition fits into Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding i.e. DUB. If your cycles are regular it fits into Ovulatory DUB [To call it DUB your pelvic scan should be normal, I presume it is done and is normal]. Presently what you need is haemostatic dose of provera(medroxyprogesterone) tablets, to start with I usually put my patients on 2 tablets of 2.5 mg dose three to four times a day TILL BLEEDING STOPS, then 2 tablets twice a day for 2 days and 1 tab once a day for 21 days. Along with this I put them on MEFENAMIC AND TRANEXAMIC TABLETS twice or thrice daily till bleeding stops. Almost 95% of patients respond to this treatment. I request you to consult your doctor and discuss with him regarding the dose. I also suggest you to take Iron tablets to build your haemoglobin.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Follow-up: DNC results in negative. Feeling cramping and exhausted. On provera. What can be done? 5 minutes later
How come my thyroid tests are normal? I am taking iron 2 x's daily 324 mg. pill the provera is 2x's daily 100mg pill.
Should i go see another dr. Could this be the beginning of menapause?
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
I presumed your thyroid tests to be normal. I will be able to help you out if you kindly provide me further details:
Do you have kids? if yes, how many?
What is your latest thyroid report?
Are you taking thyroid supplementaion? If yes, what is the dose?
Have you undergone any pelvic scan? If yes what is the report?
Have you checked your FSH(follicular stimulating hormone) level?