DNA stool analysis done. How to treat gastrointestinal disorders?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi doctor

I have conducted a gi DNA stool analysis test just seeing if you could help me find the right path to treat my gi disorder . Attaching a report for your review .
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

I think you have forgotten to attach the stool analysis report. Can you re-attach it.

Also please let me know your major complaints and why you got this stool test done.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal

Follow-up: DNA stool analysis done. How to treat gastrointestinal disorders? 9 hours later
Hi doctor
I have uploaded the report for your ref. Well i had to conduct thi test as i have been having constant gi probles namely:

gas and bloating
indigetion
constant urge to pass bowels
Constipation / Anal burning when i pass bowels
loose stools

Currently i am on Nystatin medication. Not sure why all this is happening to me ?
Well gas and constipation runs in the family . want to get a permanent solution to it without using laxatives.

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 18 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for getting in touch again with the report.

There is nothing significant in your stool report. Fungi are present in high concentration, in my opinion its presence in stool does not mean much. Still you can take anti-fungal agents. I understand you are already taking nystatin.

One of the reasons for your symptoms can be lactose intolerance. You should avoid milk, milk products and juices in your diet. You can take yogurt and butter milk, which already have digested lactose.

Other possible reason for your symptoms can be celiac disease (wheat protein gluten allergy) or pancreatic enzyme deficiency or irritable bowel syndrome etc. My suggestion will be to get in touch with a gastroenterologist who can evaluate you before deciding the exact cause for your symptoms.

Hope my suggestions help you in getting better.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal

Follow-up: DNA stool analysis done. How to treat gastrointestinal disorders? 50 minutes later
Thank you doctor .

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 7 minutes later
You are most welcome XXXXXXX Do let me know anytime if you have any other queries.

Best Wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal

Follow-up: DNA stool analysis done. How to treat gastrointestinal disorders? 12 minutes later
Well do you think I could be a patient of non ulcer dyspesia ? I have done my colonoscopy - nothing found . Endoscopy - nothing found . So just concerned could that be an issue .
Well I have the hydrogen breath test that needs to be conducted . Even the food allergy test is in the loop .
But right now i feel my food is not getting digested at all , too worried and feel terribly sick in the evening . Just unable to complete my bowels . So if you could recommend me something for faster digestion .
When I was in India , coconut water served my purpose, helped a lot in digestion , but now I am in XXXXXXX so just thinking for an best alternative that could serve the purpose .

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

This is unlikely to be non-ulcer dyspepsia. Looks more like hydrogen breath test and tests for gluten allergy will certainly help.

You can try over the counter pancreatic / digestive enzyme preparations which might provide some relief.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal