D and C done. Getting regular periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain. Given septovit. Concerned

Question
iam 25 years ..last month XXXXXXX 13th i had a d and c . continuously one week i had bleeding then one more week not continuously but bleeded little i again consulted the doctor she given septovit ,and few more tablets, but i hadn't used... 4 weeks after a d and c? .. present .lower back
pain and adominal cramps ...lower back
pain is much...
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
hi,
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, dilation and curettage procedure (D&C) involves dilating the uterine cervix so that the lining tissue (endometrium) of the uterus can be removed by scraping or suction. The recovery time is generally short. Cramps, similar to menstrual cramps, will probably be the strongest sensation immediately after a D&C. Although most women experience cramps for less than an hour, some women may have cramps with low backache for a day or more. There may also be some light bleeding for several days. Styptovit contains adrenochrome monosemicarbazone, an anti-hemorrhagic. It is intended to help slow or stop bleeding. It controls oozing from raw surfaces and prevent bleeding from microvasculature. It is indicated for menorrhagia and metrorrhagia. Will recommend to call your doctor immediately if there is associated fever, severe persistent pain or cramps not relieved by ibuprofen or naproxen, prolonged or heavy bleeding (more than 6 hours, or requiring a change of sanitary pads several times in 1 hour), a foul-smelling discharge from the vagina. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks

Follow-up: D and C done. Getting regular periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain. Given septovit. Concerned 39 minutes later
thankyou...present am having seviour back pain...any promblem...& any test require...for that...when i will get my period (last month XXXXXXX 13 i had d and c)

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 22 minutes later

Thanks again. I am happy to address your questions.

Most women will have their menstrual cycles return somewhere between two and six weeks after a D&C. You may take ibuprofen for back pain.

But the exact length of time for return of period after D&C will vary by the person, and possibly by how far along the pregnancy was at the time of the miscarriage (hormone levels return to normal more quickly after an early miscarriage versus a later miscarriage).

If it's been more than eight weeks since your D&C and you haven't yet had a period, most likely, but a small number of women develop intrauterine adhesions or scarring following D&C, or if your pain is very severe will recommend you to consult your gynaecologist for a proper examination.

Hope this helps. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: D and C done. Getting regular periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain. Given septovit. Concerned 16 minutes later
thank you very much..... now i got ...thank you

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 minutes later
You are most welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Thanks