Cystic lesions, breast lumps, benign breast disorder. Chances of breast cancer?

Oncologist
Question
Hello, I have upload the report of my daughter, please check it. which is describes what I want to inquire about My Questions:

1- What degree the seriousness of this type of disease?
2- Is this type of disease occurs for adult girls and disappear in a certain age?
3- Can this transfer to breast cancer in the future and how the percentage of that?
4- Would you recommend in dealing with a particular type of food or medicine .. Would you recommend

a particular type of sports .. Or wearing Special bra?
5- What is the most important instructions that should I follow for recovery and best results Would

you recommend regular checks?

Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 9 hours later

I am unable to view the image. Please send it as a mail attachment to YYYY@YYYY , Sub: ATTN Dr Indranil Ghosh.

Once I view the image I shall be available to answer your questions.

Thanks
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Follow-up: Cystic lesions, breast lumps, benign breast disorder. Chances of breast cancer? 3 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I have uploaded the report again.

my daughter age 19 years old.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 31 minutes later

I have gone through the report. This report clearly says about cystic lesions and a small well-defined lobulated lesion. Overall this is pretty consistent with a diagnosis with fibrocystic disease and fibroadenoma. Now I will try to answer your queries one by one.

A. These are benign disorders, which means that these does not cause serious problems in the long-run.
A. Sometimes these start in adolescence and then disappear later. However, even if it persists, there is nothing to worry.
A. These do not transform to breast cancer. However, persons with benign breast disorders have a slightly increased risk of developing breast cancer as compared to persons without these.
A. There is nothing to do with food habit. She should have a normal lifestyle and healthy diet and maintain normal weight. For the breast problems, she should undergo periodic check-up and if any new finding or increase in size of the lumps is there, then further investigations may be done.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.