Cyst on the thigh, used lyderm gel, turning in red color. How to reduce swelling?

i have a cyst on my inner thigh and it popped last night. this happens all the time and its never a problem but for some reason all of the stretch marks around there have swollen up this time. is there anything i can do to make the swelling go down? thank you also i use lyderm gel on the cysts. i have had many cysts that the surrounding area gets red and swollen but never an area this large around the break in skin
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later

I could have helped you better if could attach a picture of the area.

Stretch marks are scarred tissue and rarely swells up. It looks like you are having cellulitis of that area which is causing the area to swell up this way. Cellulitis is nothing but infection of the cells that make up the skin and the underlying fascia.

I would advice you to do the following .

1. XXXXXXX a dermatologist soon to get the area examined to confirm the diagnosis.

2. Keep the area clean and away from moisture.

3. Cold packs on the are can help bring down the inflammation significantly.

4. Avoid scratching over the area.

5. Antibiotics topical like Clindamycin and oral like Levofloxacin might be required, Serratio peptidase tablet can bring down the swelling as well, please visit the doctor for a prescription. Do not consider this as my prescription

5. Do not use the Lyderm ointment on broken skin.

6. Watch out for fever, increase in size and change of color.

I hope I have answered to your query. If there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you a speedy recovery.