Cyst on right testicle, burst, leaking toxic fluids, having it removed, spermatocele. Opinion?

Hi, my boyfriend, 41 yrs old, has had a cyst on his right testicle for awhile, the doctors have been watching it, however, on his last visit they did blood work and an ultrasound and said the cyst burst and was leaking toxic fluids in his system. So now he is scheduled to have his right testis removed. Everything I have read shows that this Spermatocele does not require removal of the testis. Can I have your opinion on this please.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 16 hours later

Usually the testicular cyst that have been managed conservatively doesn't require any treatment even if it ruptures.

It is pretty unusual for the cyst to leak toxic fluids into the blood stream.

I will be in a position to help you further if you send me the previous as well present reports and pics, if you have any of the ultrasound scan reports as such.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.