Cyst on back removed and occurred again. Sore to touch. Knee replacement to be done. Any risk?

Critical Care Specialist
I had a cyst on my back removed. It has returned and is swollen, red and has a head on it like a pimple. It is very sore. I plan on trying to get into a doctor on monday to have it lanced. Any concern for my knee replacements (infection)or MRSA or MSSA. My son almost died 2 years ago after going into septic shock due to MSSA. Of course I am a little scared of that stuff. What causes these things and is there any danger?
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 1 hour later

The cyst which you had got removed could most probably a sebaceous cyst which has recurred. The swelling, redness and soreness all indicates infection in cyst. Chances of this infection spreading to knee are very less because firstly, it is not such a serious infection and secondly you are planning visit to your physician just after on day. In one day, it cannot spread to such an extent. There is nothing to worry, as this is a minor infection.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq.