Cyst in the breast, planning for breast implants, risk factors?

Dear sir, I have a cyst in my breast 2cm big one yr now my doc said after the needed exams that is not something serious. Now I want to put implants to my breasts you think it will be a problem for the cyst? Thank u
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 48 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

It is very important to know the type and pathology of the cyst.

If you put implants, there is always a chance of infection. You should get a mammography and a fine needle aspiration biopsy done.

If all your reports are normal, nothing to worry about. However, there is a chance of infection if breasts implants are put in, along with the cyst.

There may be a chance of rupture/hemorrhage depending on the type of cyst.

It would be better if you consult with the plastic surgeon if you know what type of cyst it is.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for the follow up queries if any.