Cyst in breast, scheduled for mammogram. Pain under breast, poor circulation to hand. Could the cyst cause this pain?

Dr. recently found a cyst in my right breast...scheduled for mammogram...have lots of pain under my collarbon radiating to breast and under arm...poor circulation to 4th and 5th digits in hand...Could the cyst cause this pain or is it likely it is in my lymph nodes?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The pain under the collar bone radiating to the breast and underarm with a poor circulation in 4th and 5th digits is suggestive of compression symptoms due to a mass- most likely lymph nodes in the axilla.
The cyst needs to be further investigated and removed for further treatment. An MRI of the chest will help in detecting the extent of spread of the cyst and cause of such compression symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.