Cyst between ribs, fatigue, dizziness, memory loss, anxiety, have depression. What does this mean?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
i had a tiny cist in between my ribs, now it has turned into 2 huge cists...what does this mean?
i have been suffering from severe fatigue, dizziness, forgetting things, and anxiety...not related to my mild depression...
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later
Hello ,
Answer 1. The provided data is more sugesstive of a benign bone tumour either unicameral bone cysts which are commonly seen in flat bones or aneurysmal bone cyst which can expand in size due to bone lysis but is uncommon in this age.
In any case the chances of such lesions being malignant are very less and the usual treatment may be intralesional steroid injections or surgical resection.
But I would advise you to get it thoroughly evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon and confirm the diagnosis with the help of xrays and mri scan and if required biopsy and histological examination.
It's better to be investigated and be on safer side .
Please do not panic as malignancy is not so common at such site and such lesion .

Answer 2 The symptoms of fatigue, dizziness, forgetfulness can be due to the anxiety you are
experiencing and the stress of anticipating an illness or health problem.It could very well be a
consequence of depression or more likely the sideeffects of cypramil especially if you have had any change in dosage recently.Stopping or reducing the drug may provide some relief if that is the Please do not make any changes yourself and consult your physician for it .
So do talk to your treating physician for confirming the cause of your anxiety and accordingly treatment.
Hope I have answered your queries.