Cut on the penis, painful while urination. Causes?

Infertility Specialist
I have a cut on my penis hole. When i pass urine the stream is uncontrollable. It also stings when i pee. It is pain full to the touch on the tip.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Cut on the penis could be due to various reasons:

Those most concerning are caused by sexually transmitted infections (STI). For example,genital herpes simplex, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, and lymphogranuloma venereum can cause ulcers on the genitals.

Other types of male genital soress may be caused by venereal warts, molluscum contagiosum, allergic reactions, Behcet's disease, and non-sexually transmitted infections.

Please see a physician who will perform a physical examination. The exam will include looking at the genital, pelvis, skin, lymph nodes, mouth, and throat.

Tests that may be done include:

Complete blood count or blood differential
•Skin or mucosal biopsy culture of the lesion
•HIV test
Rapid plasma reagin (RPR) test
•Venereal Disease Research Laboratory (VDRL) test
Treatment will depend on the underlying cause and may include antiviral medicines and antibiotics.

At present you can use an anesthetic gel to apply on the cut before passing urine so that it does not burn or cause pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.