Cut on the bottom of leg, bleeding, hard area around the wound with pain. Is this part of normal healing?

I had a cut on the bottom of my left foot, right below my pinkie. it was a cut from a piece of plastic that was stuck in a kitchen carpet.

I dont think the cut was too XXXXXXX but there was blood. i had covered it with badage and tried putting cosntant pressure. It took maybe 3-4 weeks for it to sort of heal, becuase of where the cut was. there was just no way for to me walk without putting pressure on.

It has been about a month now? the cut is completly closed. but i could still feel it when i walk and when i workout. the area around the wound is bit hard, and its a little darker in color. sometimes i get a sharp pain when the pressure is directly on that spot. i was just wondering if this is part of the normal healing process? and if there is anything that i can do to make sure it heals like before it was cut. thanks
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 59 minutes later

Any wound on the sole of foot is likely to take a bit longer time to heal up than wound on any other part of the body. Since the cut was not very XXXXXXX there is nothing much to worry about as XXXXXXX lacerations may need stitches.

The occasional pain at the wound site should go away completely after a few weeks when the wound completely heals. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. But they should be used under a doctor’s guidance.

If there is severe pain, redness, swelling or warmth then the possibility of infection is there for which you need a course of oral antibiotics.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.