Cut labia with finger nail. Hurts while using the bathroom. Quick and safe healing method?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was fooling around with my boyfriend last night and it got a bit ruff. He cut my on my labia with his finger nail. It hurts really bad, and when i got to the bathroom I just want to cry. How do I make this heal quickly and safely?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Hi there.

Is there any bleeding at the site of trauma?

Any swelling or discharge from the site?

Since the trauma has occurred due to fingernail, there is a chance for infection to occur. It would be best to keep the area clean, avoid masturbation and sexual intercourse till healing takes place. Avoid allergenic underwear as well. Use cotton underwear to avoid local irritation.

You may apply Neosporin ointment for 3 times a day at the site for healing and reducing chance of infection.

Drink plenty of water to reduce chance of urinary infection as well.

If the problem does not subside, do consult your Gynaecologist for further advice.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.