Cut a tiny blood vessel on the external layer of scrotum. Got bleeding. What should I do?

Jul 2016

I have cut perhaps a tiny blood vessel on the external layer of scrotum while trimming that area. It was bleeding for ten minutes and then stopped. What should I do? What about that tiny cut vessel?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have accidentally damaged one of the superficial blood vessel on the scrotal skin.

This bled and bleeding stopped after some time due to clotting mechanism.

There is nothing to be done now as the cut vessel has been sealed of .It will get thrombosed on its own. Just clean it gently with some antiseptic solution like Dettol.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with regards,