Curvature in penis, abstinence, taking beta blockers for hypertension. Due to masturbation?

Question
Doctor, I am 68 years old , 5ft 8 in tall and 65.5.kgs in wieght. I have mild hypertension for the past 30 years and taking beta blockers since then. As my wife has become more religious after she reached 60 years of age, we are maintining abstinence since 8 years. I used have the habit of masturbation while i was young that is when i was in 20's. After my reitrement, one day i was just had this maasturbation once and felt happy to relieve my sexual urge. For the past 5 or 6 years I am having masturbation atleast once a month.To my surprise, of late for the past 2 years I have been observing there is curvature to my penis.It will be more visible early in the mroning when there is urgency to go for urination. It is bending towards backwards.I am afraid I had this because of my masturbation.Is it so? If it is do i have to discontinue the masturbation? I am not bothered at this age to have sex with my disinterested wife.No problem at all.I am afraid of surgery. Please advise me HARMLESS AND EFFECTIVE medicine which do not interact with myhypertensive drugs.Please help me Sir.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later

At an younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is maximum. You can indulge in this activity at this age as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it. It should not cause you any pain.

Masturbation as such does not cause a change in the curvature of penis. Doing once a month is not frequent enough to cause any problem even though you are hypertensive. The change in curvature is most likely due to lax abdominal muscles due to age. Doing light abdominal strengthening exercises will help. You should also work with simple walking for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.

It is not a trait of embarassment to masturbate. It is just normal as I think for you. However if you wish to stay away you can avoid all the foods which increase the lust like celery, raw oysters, banana,avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic, chocolate etc.

The other good way to avoid thinking about it is to keep yourself busy. Work out, do some kind of exercise, do a hobby,etc will help you.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Regards.