Cure for seborrheic skin condition?

Is there any cure for Seberic skin condition? Not sure of the spelling? Flare ups have red ichy spots, new mole type growths appear around neck and arms. Family Dr. says they will not turn cancerous. Does not remove them. Extremely ichy, dandruff scalp.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later

1. Seborrheic dermatitis can be treated. This is characterized by erythematous(red), scaly lesion and dandruff is the common complaint.

2. Avoid triggers: It has multiple trigers like quantity of sebum secretion, increased sweating, external localfactors, emotional stress, diabetes, over weight and genetic cause. Since it is acute and your diabetes is controlled try to avoid physical or mental stress and can do out door exercises with proper nutritious diet.

3.Selenium sulphide shampoo is available for dryness, folliculitis and dandruff and you can use it for scalp. If any sensitivity reaction then need to stop it.

Anti fungal like ketoconazole are also most effective. Can be taken orally and shampoo and cream is also available.

To remove scales you can apply keratolytic like salicylic acid ointment.

To relieve symptoms you can apply topical corticosteroid cream or lotion which is highly effective in relieving your sympyoms.

4. This cant be turned into cancer. Consult your doctor and discuss for further management.

Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Cure for seborrheic skin condition? 13 hours later
I want to thank you for the reply. Very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 49 minutes later
Hi Thank you so much.

If you have any health related query, you can ask me any time and I will be very happy to answer you. Kindly close the query if you are satisfied. I wish you a very happy and good health.

Kind regards
Dr.Vidya KR