Cure for burning sensation and irritation behind knee with no rashes?

I have a skin irritation behind the knee with no visible rash, bumps, etc....It feels like a sliver or something is under the skin, but no sign of a foreign object. Mainly an irritant with no desire to scratch for relief. Sometimes a burning sensation without a temperature elevation. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later

Abnormal sensation on the skin is called as par aesthesia. Paraethesia is associated with alcohol abuse, diabetes, local injuries and vitamin deficiency.
Do you consume alcohol?
Did you sustain any injuries to the knee?
Have you checked your blood sugars?

Presuming you do not consume alcohol and there was no history of injuries, I would suggest you apply caladryl solution on the affected areas and take vitamin B-complex supplements for 3 weeks.

If symptoms persist or you develop rashes / visible skin lesions, please consult a dermatologist nearby for careful examination. He/she can rule out other skin conditions and plan blood sugar check.

I hope it helps. You may revert back if you need any clarifications.

Good luck!