Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles and stomach. Normal?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My husband had a cryoablation procedure on Monday for Prostate cancer. His penis and testicles, stomach and chest areas are swollen to an inordinate amount. When we called our Dr's office we were told this was normal, but this penis looks like an avacado and testicles like a large naval orange. Now his stomach and chest are swelling. There is no blood in his urine and he is not in pain. Is this normal?
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later

This is not normal, but it is one of the complicaion of surgical procedure. Usually haematoma or seroma can be accumulated in area of procedure.

In most cases it will not cause any problems, because swelling will go away in next 1-2 weeks.
But...if your husband notice tingling sensation or pain, palor and coldness of penis and testicles then he needs to go to hospital. If swelling progress then do the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help