Crushing pain in stomach when bending, sensation of a movement. Reason?

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. Whenever I bend over I get a crushing pain in the stomach area just below my ribs. It feels as though something is being pushed up under my ribs. Then When I stand straight I can see and feel whatever it is moving back into place. It's very uncomfortable and momentarily takes my breath away.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 23 hours later

From the description of your symptom, it appears that in most probabilities, you have some musculoskeletal problem involving lower ribs or costochondral junction.

Thoracic spine disease can also produce similar clinical picture. An examination by expert orthopedician may yield valuable clinical information and may be helpful in solving your problem.

Rarely liver swelling or liver abscess may produce similar picture. But absence of fever and JAUNDICE makes this possibility less likely.

Hope I answered your query. Please revert back to me if you further queries.

Vaibhav Banait