Cries after breast feed. On Citralka. Had urinary infection. What can be done?

Hi Doctor, My son is 2.5 months old. After having breast feeds he does arch like body and cries .
What could be the possible cause for this? What is the solution for this?
He is on Citralka syrup 2ml 3 times a day
had urinary infection 3 weeks back , antibiotics were given , infection cleard.
had cough and cold , a week back, almost settled down now, bit of sounds while breathiing
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Being a new father myself, I can understand your concern. It is difficult to predict the cause of cry in new born children. Intestinal colic’s are very common in this particular age group. Since his cries are after feeds perhaps the cries are indication of intestinal colic’s.

Arching back is probably related to behaviour rather than any organic concern.

I recommend my patients colicaid drops before feeds for few days. Discuss with your doctor about this drops and use it in moderation. Do not over use it.

It look like he had an infection recently and I am happy that he has recovered not. I hope he does not need to suffer again.

Happy parenting!!! Let me know if you need clarifications.