Creatinine level is 1.07 and GFR is 57. Should I be worried?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I am a 58 female who just got my blood results back. I am having back and leg pain so the doc suggested blood work. My Creatinine level is 1.07 and GFR is 57 Should I worry? What should I do next?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ivan Romic 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: This is just slightly abnormal kidney functional tets and I dont think that any treatment is necessary and you dont have to be worried about your kidneys at this point. you should just do frequnet lab check ups,at least every 5-6 months. Also,consdeiring only these 2 findings, i dont think that kideny disorder is a reason for your leg and back pain. there are various causes of it,but most common is neuromuscular,usually lumbal spine compressions due to herniated disc, arthritis, pinched ischiadic nerve etc. This can be evaluated only by MRI of spine. Secondly, if this is back pain not related to movements,then it can be some intrabdominal aptology,but more likely it would be pancreatic issue than kidney. So you should check your amylase and lipase levles and do abdominal ultrasound. Leg pain has several causes too, it can be neural,vascular or muscular pain. to check blood flwo in legs you need to de doppler ultrasound and everything will be more clear after it. Wish you good health. Feel fee to ask. Regards