Cream without side effects to remove dark circles under eyes?

sir,i have dark circles under my eyes .can u suggest me some good creams(without side effects) to get rid of am trying to avoid computers and getting proper sleep.i am drinking plenty of water also.pls give me a solution to this..
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 43 minutes later

I understand your problem dark circles under the eyes causes cosmetic concerns in many individual.
They occur due to multiple reasons; but are commonly associated with genetic factors, allergies, nutritional deficiencies, hydration, stress and other environmental factors.

There are many products which are available commercially for treating dark circles. One product that is reviewed well by many users in my clinic is 'Artistry Eye Replenishing Cream'. You can rub the cream twice daily under the eyes for eight weeks.
In addition to this cream, few simple measures that may be helpful in treating dark circles are:
1. Cold tea bags kept under each eye for 15 minutes is effective in treating / preventing dark circles.
2. Continue to drink plenty of water. Atleast 8 - 10 glasses of water a day is essential.
3. Proper and regular sleep - 8 hours a day.
4. Watch out for any allergies that you may have. Skin allergen test might be useful in determining your allergens.
5. Plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet - 5-6 servings of fruits and vegetables is good.
6. Destressing techniques - Physical exercise, yoga, meditation also help in keeping you healthy and preventing dark circles.

Hope my answer is useful for you. Should you have any additional concerns, I will be available to address them.

Follow-up: Cream without side effects to remove dark circles under eyes? 41 minutes later
Amway Artistry replenishing eye cream.sir i think amay products are banned in kerala.can u suggest me a good vitamin k cream with kojic acid and licoric extrct to get rid of this.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later

Thanks again.

Dark circle removal creams are basically skin lightening products. The availability of products depends upon your location.

Most widely available cosmetic products in India are herbal ones. One such product is Eraser cream. This is an ayurvedic product, containing aloe vera (which is equivallent of vit K) and other natural products. They have also been reviewed well by many people.

One non herbal product containing Vitamin + Kojic acid + licorice extract is 'Meladerm skin lightening cream'. Alternatively you may also check out.
1. Dr. Reddy's Clearz plus gel
2. Prorac CRM cream

Contact your local pharmacist to know about the availability of these products. Any one of the aforementioned products can help in reducing your under-eye dark circles. Read the instructions given in the information guide with the creams before using them.

Hope I have given you sufficient options to choose from. If you have any further query, I will be available to address them.

Wish you good health.