Crawling sensation in left chest area. Blurred vision, dizziness, instant headache. What could this mean?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have been having something like a crawling feeling in my left chest/breast area for a few weeks now, yesterday I had this feeling of someone pushing down on my head and that I was about to collapse,today I had a episode where my vision got really weird and I could barley see for about 10 minutes, followed by an instant headache. Can you tell me what this could be?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Considering your past medical history and the present complaints , there is a probability of this being a transient ischemiic attack (TIA) or stroke like episodes due to thromboembolism where the blood clots in the major blood vessels in chest or limbs and may migrate to small vessels in brain causing their obstruction and resultant ischemia to the part supplied.
If transient or temporary the clot dislodges and migrates causing multiple minor symptoms like transient headache, weakness, vision loss.
However if neglected there is a risk of stroke and permanent vision loss.
I do not intend to say that this can be a definite cause in your case as other minor conditions like migraine, anxiety or panic attacks or diabetes or hypertensive complications too can have similar presentation.In any case your symptoms do warrant a thorugh clinical evaluation by your physician.
So please get yourself checked by your doctor and get baseline blood investigations, a fundoscopy, ecg, etcand if indicated a CT scan brain done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Follow-up: Crawling sensation in left chest area. Blurred vision, dizziness, instant headache. What could this mean? 42 minutes later
Thank you very much I will certainly do as you said her...Again Thanks you so much!
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for the appreciation.
Please feel free to clear any doubts whenever you need.
Wishing her a speedy recovery and good health in future.