Cramps, stomach pain, lump near c-section scar, blood from rectum

I have been experiencing horrible cramps and stomach pain for the past 3 months. I have a lump that comes and goes but that is painful right under my c-section scar. When it is there it feels like someone has a lighter to my skin. Just yesterday while going to the restroom I noticed quit a bit of blood in the toilet... it was coming from my rectum and even when just urinating. It is fresh red and dripping.... please someone tell me what to do... ever since I delivered my daughter 4 months early 3 years ago I have just not felt right
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 33 minutes later

Presence of lump in lower abdomen below C section scar could be a protruding intestine from a defect in mid line.What is known as Incision hernia.

When ever there is weakness of muscles in mid line ,the intestine tries tries to come out from this.This can happen after any abdominal surgery.

You are also having cramping abdominal pain,with blood per rectum.
There are various reason for this like

1.Some ulceration disease of intestine
2.Infection in intestine
3.Local problems of rectum like piles etc.

As the blood is bright red in color,the possibility of local cause is likely.

Please do the following to have proper diagnosis.

1.Please visit a general surgeon
2.Go for investigation like blood counts,stool examination,urine examination
3.Ultrasound of abdomen.

This will give us clue about the diagnosis.

In mean time avoid constipation,take light diet,avoid junk food,avoid alcohol.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Cramps, stomach pain, lump near c-section scar, blood from rectum 1 hour later
The lump comes and goes... is it possible that either I have a hernia or XXXXXXX hemorrhoid that would just go away if symptoms decrease. I am worried. I do not have medical insurance right now as I just graduated from nursing school and am studying for my boards to get a job. I get my menstrual cycle sometimes 3 times a month or not at all... now this stuff with the bleeding happened yesterday and lasted from the rectum for about 7 hours but only when using the restroom... just urinating... it would drip a lot. I now also have my cycle again which is way off of schedule. I guess my question is should I go to the ER or can this wait? The rectal bleeding has stopped but I have horrible lower back and abdomen pains and have felt extremely fatigued and dizzy at times. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks again.

I think you should go ER.

A lump that comes and goes favors hernia - a reducible hernia. When ever you lie down the contents of the hernial sac falls back and the swelling is reduced or disappears.

However bleeding per rectum is probably unrelated to hernia. Since you are having continuous bleeding every time you pass stools, consult a doctor for examination. A per rectal examination is entailed. Continuous bleeding may lead to extreme weakness,which needs medical attention.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health