Cramps in ankle of legs, white patches, wounded. Right leg is getting thin. Concerned, advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am suffering having problem in right leg from one and half year. It has been started from cramp in ancle. Then I have shown it to a local massager. After massage my leg got swelled. The massager has suggested me to put my leg in salted hot water for some time everyday. But insted of cure some white patches created subsequent converted to bowels and then wound. I have consulted a dermetologist and have taken medicin. I am taking medicine from past one and half year. Wound is filled but white XXXXXXX is steel there. But recently I am observing that my right leg is getting thinner. I am getting scared whether this effect will continue or what other things can happen.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
The thinning of the injured leg one year after the injury is likely to be due to disuse atrophy. It is likely to be due to discrepancy in the muscle mass. Sometimes local fibrosis in the area causes such changes. You need to get it physically examined from an Orthopedician to find out the exact cause.
In most of the cases, regular exercise and physiotherapy helps in a complete recovery. Please do not worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.