Cramps, diarrhoea following meal in restaurant. advise treatment

I had a meal in a restaurant and had cramps and diarrhea within an hour. Now I am passing blood alone. I get cramps and can barely make it to the bathroom, and it is just blood. This has never happened to me before. I am a 51 yr. old female.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Follow-up: Cramps, diarrhoea following meal in restaurant. advise treatment 2 minutes later
I also have Hashimotos Thyroiditis
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 59 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The food you took from the restaurant was obviously contaminated and you have developed dysentery which causing blood in the stools along with diarrhea. Get immediate help from your doctor.

Recommendations are increase amount of fluid intake, avoid milk products and bulky foods. Try to remain nil per oral. Use antidiarrheal like metronidazol along with antispasmodic for cramps like domeperidone. Antibiotic is very much essential. The antibiotic of choice for such condition is ciprofloxacin however visit your doctor for its prescription.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask