Cramping & lower back pain, clumpy discharge. Had Unprotected sex. When to take pregnancy test & possibility of pregnancy?

I had a period on 12-16 of this month. I had unprotected sex on the 18, 24 and 28. Since the 24 i have been experiencing cramping and lower back pain. No spotting is it too early for a pregnancy test and when should I take one and could it be possible i am pregnant
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Follow-up: Cramping & lower back pain, clumpy discharge. Had Unprotected sex. When to take pregnancy test & possibility of pregnancy? 19 minutes later
I also have a white clumpy discharge.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

In case of normal cycle as you should be knowing, the ovulation normally occurs in mid cycle. In a typical 28 day of cycle the ovulation takes place around 13-15 days.The dates 18 and 24 falls in safe period.

You had sex on 28 that falls in this possible ovulation period.This means that there are chances of pregnancy. Please note that this is not a rule. Every individual is different.You might have ovulated later.

Means, chances of pregnancy can not be ruled out, but nothing can be said till you miss a period.

The symptoms that you have like,

White clumpy discharge
Cramping and lower back pain,

goes in favor of some local vaginal infection, most commonly yeast infection. It can be something else also.

As far as pregnancy test is in question, you can go for it only when you miss period and normally this is advised about 3-4 days after the missed period.

For the current problem I would suggest that you please visit a gynecologist and get your self examined for this. You might treatment for this as per advise from your doctor.

In mean time

Please maintain good local hygiene
Do wear tight clothes
Take analgesics like Tylenol for pain.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.