Cramping in pelvic region, something is protruding from vagina while urinating. Is this prolapsed bladder?

May 2013
hi back what the hell is wrong with me now i was to hosp yesterday lower pelvic region majorally cramping for last 3-4 days exrays taken and blood all was well thought i had lg amt of stool high up answer take lots of laxatives over next few days now when goiing to pee something is protruding upon pushing to pee from vagina. is this a prolapsed bladder what should i do now have had 3 surg for cancer total right lung removed in feb in part 11 yrs ago bowel surg oct all looks good no chemo required now this any possible connection

Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to your description there is possibility of pelvic organ prolapse.
That could be uterovaginal prolapse or prolapse of bladder as you said or it could also be rectocele etc.
The nature of the prolapse can be said only after examination.
Straining due to constipation, bowel surgery, increasing age might have contributed to it.
So you better consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the possible cause and take treatment accordingly.
Usually prolapse needs surgery to correct it, but in early stages sometimes exercises can help in preventing further descent.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.