Cramping in fingers, pulsating in legs, walking sideways.

Bizarre feeling while walking through supermarket, both little fingers went crooked / cramping , this has happened before, however I had a pulsating feeling in each side of both legs but felt I was walking side ways instead of forward.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms could be suggestive of minor ischemia of the brain commonly called stroke.
Such symptoms should not be ignored and proper investigations are needed including MRI of the head to detect any pathology early.
I would advise you to follow with your neurologist. He would be the best person to guide further diagnostic workup and treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Cramping in fingers, pulsating in legs, walking sideways. 53 minutes later

Dear Doctor,
Thank you for your reply. I do not have a Nuerologist as I was discharged, some years ago. Because of the clippings i cant have an MRI. This happened to me yesterday, today my legs and arms feel very heavy and just feel generally feel unwell/tired. Do I need to see a Dr ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If your symptoms have improved then you can wait for 2-3 more days for them to resolve spontaneously. But be careful to have an annual detailed check up to find out any chronic problems at your physician's office. You can mention this episode to him on your next visit.
Hope my answer is helpful.