Cramping in chest below left breast towards the centre. Having nerve pain in left shoulder. Done with several tests. Concerned?

I went to bed with cramping in my chest just below my left breast a little towards the center. I woke up with worse pain and went to emerg where they did ekg and xray and d-dimer and Triponin test. All was fine. They ran bloodwork twice.

Im a 40 year old female with AS and being investigated foe MS and now got a pos igm western blot lyme test back.

The pain is still going, should i relax? Is this just referred pain or a damaged nerve? I have nerve pain in my left shoulder for months now.

Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get good pain medications, relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for posting on XXXXXXX

I am so sorry to hear about this recent chest pain and all the health challenges you are going trough. I can only hope that tomorrow would be better as we put our efforts together to understand what is going on and propose long lasting solutions.

From the information you have provided, the most life threatening causes of chest pain which are either from the heart or lungs have been addressed. the only remaining thing is to gain the time and address this pain. I wish to find out whether you were also investigated for possible gastritis as a potential cause of this pain. If not, please ask your doctor to give it a thought.

For now, get some good pain medications to keep this pain out of the way. I am always concerned subduing pain but I feel comfortable doing so now because there is no potentially XXXXXXX thing going on that can explain this. Talk to your doctor to optimize your medications to address this.

As you mentioned, it could also be a referred pain from your chest. Whatever the origin, it is not a life threatening pain and needs proper management. Don't freak out, be relaxed and even if it were to be something, then it is at the very onset and with more symptoms, we would address the problem.

I hope this addresses your query. Feel free to ask me some more questions for clarifications. I wish you well and a speedy recovery from this pain.
Thanks once more for using our services.
Dr. Ditah, MD