Cracks in the feet. Home remedy?

Hi ,

From past 10-15 days my feet has started cracking.Could you please provide a home remedy to smoothen my feet and prevent cracking.Dirt goes into the pores.I will try to rub my leg on the rough surface and wash with water to keep my feet clean. So skin is peeling out as I am rubbing my feet on rough surface to remove the dirt.

Also I have heard that wearing socks prevents cracking and keeps your feet smooth.I dont use shoe so wearing socks in the night and sleeping will it help to prevent/stop cracking

Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 4 hours later

Thanks for query.

Cracking of heel cracking is very common to the persons who do not wear shoes and remain bare foot in the house. So wear shoes while going out side and wear cotton socks in the house.

To remove dirt from the crack, do not rub your heel against hard surface which will produce peeling of skin and some times may produce infection.

To remove dirt keep your feet in fresh XXXXXXX worm water for some time and then you can use pedicure brush gently over the cracks and wash with water. You can repeat this once / twice a week. There are some pedicure centres where you can observe the ways to clean the feet. You can afford one visit there and learn from them to do rest at home.

At night and after taking bath you may apply Vaseline on the cracks and rub on the part. After applying Vaseline wear cotton socks. A low cost effective remedies are as above and you can apply Crack cream available in the market.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any further query I will be happy to help.
Ok and have a nice day.
Follow-up: Cracks in the feet. Home remedy? 16 hours later
Hi doctor,

Thanks for this information.

I am not used to wear shoes regularly so I will try applying vaseline/crack cream and then wearing socks while sleeping in the night.

Can any proper food intake, reduce this cracking or is it like inevitable.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I advise you to wear socks while going out as it prevents dirt going into the cracks.
Wear slippers in the house.
There is no specific food to prevent cracks but take more XXXXXXX vegetables, fresh fruits and multivitamin supplements to maintain integrity of skin.
If you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate this answer.
Wish you good health.