Cracking in lower back when coughing and bending forward, soreness

I had the flu and was coughing and bending forward when my back went crack I felt my lower back and A bone was poking out about 8mm it slowly went back in place but sore back scene.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Thanks for the question.

In view of details, I think you can give try to conservative treatment like pain killers, muscle relaxants (if needed), heat application and physiotherapy.

And if pain continues even after that then you will have to get a x-ray of back done and even MRI of back may also be needed to determine underlying cause.

Other approach is to get investigations done first and then plan the treatment. Any approach can be undertaken as per your wish.

Hope this answers your question.