Coumadin, positive pregnancy test, abortion. Risks involved while on medication ?

I am taking cumadin and just took a pregnancy test. It was positive. I want to have an abortion . What are my risk of dieing during the abortion if im taking cumadin
I am 28yrs old been taking cumadin since I was 12, already have a kid. I am in my first trimester.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

Coumadin is an oral anticoagulant and increases your chances of bleeding.

If you want to have an abortion you must go to an expert gynaecologist who will first check your coagulation profile and accordingly might stop warfarin for one week and then go for abortion to reduce the chances of bleeding.
With good medical supervision, the chances of excessive bleeding can be reduced to minimal. You do not have to worry about dying.

Do not have any self medication or stop any drug on your own. You do need a strict medical supervision.
I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.