Ask a Dentist   »  

Could you suggest the correct direction to fix clips on my teeth?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi Sir/Madam,

My name is XXXXXXX working at XXXXXXX , last week i just went to enquirer about how can fix clips on my teeth, and they asked me to do the following things
1. Take an x-ray
2. Teeth cleaning
3. And after they told me that "i have born loos problem" and do some gum treatment before the clips to apply, for the Gum surgery, it will be having 4 sittings, each sitting they will charge 5K.

Could you please suggest me the correct direction

Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 16 hours later

Thank you for the query,

I am pleased to inform you that you have got the correct guidance from your dentist.

It is the correct protocol to get the X-rays done before Clip treatment. It is done to assess the bone quality and quantity. However it is difficult for me to say whether you require Gum surgery or not before starting the clip treatment without analysing the x-ray.

If gum surgery is required, then usually the clip treatment is started after 4-6 months of the surgery. As far as 4 sittings are concerned it ok to get it done, usually it is done in quadrant-wise.

I hope, I have got the correct directions, if you need any clarifications you are most welcome, otherwise kindly accept the answer.