Could you suggest an anti-allergic cream for a burning sensation in my vagina?

Hi, I'm 24 years old and have an active sex life. Around 5 days back I had sex with my boyfriend a couple of times in a single day. Since then, I have burning sensation in my vagina whenever i urinate. Its not increasing or decreasing but is becoming a concern for me. This has never happened before and we used condom during sex. My vagina doesn't look red or swollen and seems pretty normal. Can you please suggest some anti allergic cream or medicine. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later

There can be 2 problems here.
1. You need to rule out a vaginal infection. A simple examination and a swab test can clear that up.
2. UTI) needs to be rule out also. Urine test will confirm that.

UTI's are actually more commoner than thought of these days. Even with use of condom they can still occur.
I suggest that you see a doctor and get examined by them. You will need prescription antibiotics for both cases. Meanwhile drink plenty of water. Keep up with good hygiene.

Follow-up: Could you suggest an anti-allergic cream for a burning sensation in my vagina? 22 hours later
Thankyou very much for your advice. But I can't give an immediate visit to the doctor due to some work issues. Can you please give some immediate relief medicine. I would eventually visit my doctor but I really posted here looking for some relief medicines. please let me know.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
It needs a confirmed diagnosis to advice any medication to prevent undue effects.

I still can advice you to take syrup Cital 2 tsp in water 2-3 times a day which will relieve you from the symptoms for now, anyway discuss about the same with your treating doctor.The above medication is not a complete treatment or cure for the problem you have.You may need to be put on specific antibiotics after examining you which needs a prescription.

Drink plenty of water this will really help.Also do consume a cup of Cranberry juice twice daily it will add to the above syrup in helping you .

Wish you good health.