Could visual disturbance in eyes along with headache and light sensitivity be symptom of occular migraine?

I think I've had an occular migrane or a silent migrane- visual disturbance occurred in both eyes. It lasted abot 20 minutes. Now I have a headache and light sensitivity. I also have been experiencing lower blood pressure ( 85-107/55-74 ). It runs in my family, but I am overweight. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cluster headache Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from migraine, please get back to me with the following details in order to guide you better. 1. How often do you get these headaches? 2. Were you evaluated for the same by a doctor? 3. Was there a feeling of nausea and watering from the eyes and nose as well? 4. Did you take any pills to get rid of the pain? 5. Do you anytime wake up with a headache? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Could visual disturbance in eyes along with headache and light sensitivity be symptom of occular migraine? 12 minutes later
1. Not often. I've only had one before today, over a year ago. 2. I have not been to a dictor for headaches. 3. No nausea or watering from eyes or nose. 4. I just took one Advil about 10 minutes ago for the headache. 5. I have woken with a headache before, but not today. I didn't have a headache until after the aura or ocular migrane. It was like flashing zigzags inside a jelly that blocked part of my vision. Is the blood pressure related, or is that no big deal by itself?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Migraine Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like an isolated event of headache probably triggered by stress or dehydration. However any headache with ocular manifestations has to be evaluated by a CT brain plain to rule out an organic cause. Please approach a neurologist and do not ignore your symptoms just because it has settled down. For now here are my suggestions 1. Watch out for repeated attacks of headaches and the triggering factors like hunger, lack of sleep, dehydration, stress, etc 2. Make sure you are not driving or around sharp objects when you get these headaches 3. Tab Naproxen is of help, you can take one as soon as you feel the aura 4. Drink plenty of water atleast 6 glasses daily as it is the most common cause for headaches in our daily practice You blood pressure is in the lower limit of normal and it is not of concern right now. I recommend you check it again in standing and in supine position using the correct method. I hope I was of help I wish you good health Regards