Could vaginal discharge along with spotting be an indication of miscarriage?

Infertility Specialist
I am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant. Last friday (on 6th dec), had done first USG, and found everything normal, even heartbeat of fetus was found (125). However since yesterday, there is lot of vaginal discharge, and there is spotting found, along with it. Spotting is brown in colour. We are not keeping any contact since 1.5 months. I am worried whether this is a miscarraige, Shall I go for another USG?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, USG needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Good to see you conceived the very first month. Regarding your symptoms of brown spotting, you definitely need USG to confirm baby's health & to rule out miscarriage. Kindly get it done & get back for further guidance. Regards.
Follow-up: Could vaginal discharge along with spotting be an indication of miscarriage? 26 hours later
Hi, I had done sonography and reports are normal. Cervix mouth is closed and baby's hearbeat is 153 bpm.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Good. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Good to see that your pregnancy is progressing well. You can continue regular antenatal follow up with little extra care (frequent follow ups: May be every 2-3 weeks). Hope that you are already taking folic acid & other medicines as prescribed by your doctor. Wish you good health. Regards.